8 Important Facts About Tooth Implants That You Should Know
Tooth implants offer individuals who are missing teeth a restoration option that looks more like their natural tooth. It eases the discomfort that many people experience when they need a tooth extraction. Implants are preferred over dentures by most patients. Need more information about tooth implants? Take a look below to learn eight important facts about individual tooth implants mesa.
1. Tooth implants are inserted into the jaw using a titanium screw. In a matter of weeks, they become a permanent part of the mouth. Implants have a 99% success rate so there is little risk to the patient.
2. Dental implants can replace a singular missing tooth or an entire mouthful of missing teeth, depending on your needs.
3. Do not consider implants a quick procedure; that is not the case. In most cases, dental implants take several months from start to finish.
4. Your dental insurance probably won’t cover the costs of dental implants. It is considered a cosmetic procedure and most coverages decline payment for the procedure as such.
5. A single dental implant costs up to $5,000. Most dental clinics offer payment options and financing for qualified patients, which helps offset the costs.
6. When properly cared for, dental implants can last a lifetime. Taking care of a dental implant is fairly simple, since you care for them the same way as you’d care for natural teeth.
7. A dental implant cannot develop a cavity! That gives many people a lot of comfort in this procedure.
8. A person may need bone grafts and other dental procedures to prep them for the implants procedure. Some of this may be covered by your insurance plan. Check with your agent to learn more about procedures that are and are not covered under your plan.